Post by mrgametheory on Jul 19, 2007 14:46:26 GMT -5
Receipe on how to get elected..
1) Make a pack of Smokes $2.00 more expensive in taxes. 2) Make Gasoline $2.00 more expensive in taxes. 3) Make Bottle of liquor / 20 Pack of Beer and up $2.00 more expensive in taxes. 4) Increase a tax on agriculture 5 cents per good in taxes. 5) Raise national Minimum Wage $2.00. 6) Cut the tax rate on all small businesses 50% 7) Set up special bond program for foreign investors which yields 1/2% more than domestic Investors. 9) Offer fat reward of $10,000 to employees who report employeers and get conviction for paying them under the table. 10) Make penalties for employers who fail to report wages paid to under the table employees atleast a $10,001 fine with Small Jail time. 11) allow for the next 100 days all illigal immagrents already in USA to become full american citizens. Those who do not have a job or are apart of the armed services within 3 month will have there citizenship revolked, and those who don't pay taxes for the year will have there citizenship revolked. 12) Add 10% tax on all tickets and convictions of any kind. 12) Take all of this money and put it into benifits for individuals 60 years and older. 13) Win the election Because 50% of voters are over the age of 60
Post by mrgametheory on Jun 6, 2007 14:40:32 GMT -5
We have a very unique opportunity with having a small intimate community from across the world and I figure I manipulate it a little. We have all come to the conclusion that Civ 4 is a fun game and its highly probable that we are somewhat like minded in our interests.
Use this thread to post any links to any funny online clips or movies or important news articles. Use this thread to give any recommendations on movies, """""Music""""", TV, other games...
I am a music connoisseur and I would greatly like to hear the better music from most countries.
Post by mrgametheory on May 4, 2007 6:19:11 GMT -5
I love how every female extra in that movie is a hot girl, its actually pretty funny. I mean every damn girl in that movie, just go and watch it and you will see, they didnt have a single girl under 8.5 outta 10
Post by mrgametheory on Sept 24, 2006 14:35:54 GMT -5
Here we are, the brilliant minds of Civ 4, the best of the best, able to dominate our opponents in the most intellectually demanding and strategic video game ever made, with around 2 million copies sold world wide. Of those 2 million the greatest minds have come to battle each other on this ladder.
So In an address to those people, I have two questions for you.
1) What form of government and economic system do you currently believe is the best one? Its fine if its idealistic, or perfect in theory, or whatever, all ideas matter. You can bend it to a current one of form your own, but what do you honestly believe is the way the world should run itself?
2) What do you believe in terms of religion or science? Are you simply agnostic and don't put thought into it, or do you rack your brain trying to find order and understanding? Do you believe certain things will happen when you die? Do you believe there are certain rules or laws to the universe outside what science has currently defined, and if so what are they?
Just something to rack your brains about it you find yourself board on the message board
Post by mrgametheory on Sept 5, 2007 15:59:27 GMT -5
Since I don´t play anymore I figure I give the old strategy I used, I have no idea if it would still work with bts.
With hayuna capac I used to slave a warrior almost every turn in my ocean cities with 0 production and than use the excess 100 hammers or so on a library, lighthouse, granary, university, bank, forge. With hayuna you are able to build warriors until you get both machinary and civil service, a combo very unique to only hayuna capac. This is a way for you to have an endless supplies of warriors to keep a city happy / defend against a boat attack of less than 3 boats. This was also a great way to get a wonder because being industrious gave a forge for 40 hammers and for 1 slave you would get a free warrior and 20 hammer spill over to any wonder of your choice with a forge ;D
Its funny because I used that strategy for well over a year and it wasnt until now that this topic even came up. I figure within another year or so you people will finally be caught up to the strategies I used to dominate you all ;D
Post by mrgametheory on Jun 3, 2007 15:22:23 GMT -5
What it do Citizens of Newb land, this is your boy MGT-Z here to impart some charity on you fine individuals.
In the midst of a point race? Attempting to super micro manage every last area to get bonus points in? Thinking National wonders are your last hope? Have no fear, mgt is here and he has come to show you how to double your tec and get 1-3 extra tecs for your entire team on the last 1-5 turns of your teamer game.
This is something that works exceptionally well with spiritual civs, but you dont have to be spiritual. As most you know there is a civic called Representation and caste system. All you got to do is set these civics sometime in the game or on the last 5 turns assuming you got luxuries to cover 6th+ largest population cities for happiness. Assuming there are 5 turns left you than look at all of your cities, every single city that is not going to be getting a new population in 5 turns you set most of the population to scientists 1-10 scientist, up until the point where you wont go into starvation until the turn after the game is over. This will literally double and even triple your tec so each individual on your team can actually get there own tec on the last turn. This obviously raises the stock of the pyramids considerably.
Now. What happens if you desperately need 1-3 tecs on the last turn. What you do is you literally set every single population in every city to scientists, so you are in super starvation with 0 food coming in. Because of the fact that the strategic minds behind this game are slowed and only allow you to lose 1 population a turn. You can literally get 1-10x your tec on the last turn. Sure you lose 1 population point in every city and you lose like 50 points of population, but if you are able to instantly get like 500 tec or so and are able to get a full tec on your own, than in terms of a point war, you end up better off by getting 150 - 50 = "100" bonus points.
Anyway newblets, I have known this trick for around 6 months or so and bust it out in sever emergencies as a secret weapon, but because of the fantastic night I had last night I figure like doing something nice and pulling a snack from my secret stash, enjoy.
Also, there are some other fun and creative things to do with this strategic loophole in the game, but I figure I atleast make you guys work a little
Post by mrgametheory on May 19, 2007 11:54:54 GMT -5
Hello and welcome to MGT'S Strategy Learnings of Multi player for Make benefit Glorious Nation of Newb Land.
As most of you know I am second coming of the Great Strategy God Zikjk3jl;2k3jlkdsfjds; aka MrGameTheory. In an attempt to save you and I time, I will "Actually" teach the citizens of Newb land how to be leet at Civ 4 Multi player.
There are several reasons why MGT chose to keep this a very short and to the point guide. For one, newbs have a brain about 1/7 the size of a normal person and to write too much information would be a waste, two, its not worth it to spend more than 9 minutes of my time writing it, even if this guide will be reread by you atleast 15 times, three, CIV 4 is a game of general strategy, due to the randomness of scenarios you need to learn general strategies which you can fall back on at all times.
1) Slavery - Slaving 1 population gives you 20 hammers. If you plant a city and the only tiles in that cities radius are a single grass pig and 50 desert tiles, assuming you are hooked up to iron or copper somehow, you can slave an axeman or a spear every 3 turns. So you can either have a city bringing in 8 Hammers a turn, which will take around 2-5 population, or you can have a city with a single pig. Point of what is said, Slavery is the most important civic in Civ 4 Multi player and if you want to be good understand it.
2) Food - The most important thing to do is to plant cities near food. Due to the fact that slavery is the most important civic, if you are at war you want to slave like mad, if you plant a city next to food, you can start slaving major units within 3-4 turns. Think about it, if you have time to relax and you don't need to rush your opponent with slavery, than the major food resources in your city will help your population grow very quickly and you can work more tiles.
3) Risk vs Reward - Expand as much as possible. Try to get out a few cities as often as possible due to the fact that slavery is so powerful. The higher your population grows, the more food you need in your city to get to the next population. Its better to have 2 cities at 2 population than 1 at 4 because slavery gives you twice the units. Keep in mind that no city in multilayer will get to 24 population, let alone 10, so stack your cities very close together and have them share the same tiles. There should only be 1 major food resource per city, if one of your cities has 3 major food resources in it than you need to build 2 cities right next to it and have those new cities work each of those food resources making it so every city has a major food resource.
4) Scout - If you are scouting the space between you and your opponent, than you can see when your opponent is attacking you several turns before he actually does. If you scout 10 squares from your culture than you have a 10 square warning. If they rushing a given unit, than you have time to build and than slave the counter to that unit. If you scout properly you don't need to build units as long as you pay attention to the power graph. If you notice your enemies power is not rising and you are scouting all the land between you and your opponent, than this is the chance for you to build as many f**king cities and workers as you possibly can. Do to the fact that slavery is so powerful, if you have time to get out 4 cities in a given amount of time and you see your opponent sending 10 chariots to you and those chariots are 10 squares away, you have 5 turns to slave as many spears as possible, you than use the spears to kill the chariots. You end up not losing any units and your opponent only loses units. The difference is that you have more cities and 10 units now. Sooooooo, when your expanding like crazy, play defensive because defense has the advantage in civ 4 due to roads giving extra moments and culture giving full line of site of everything.
5) Talking - Unless you understand this game completely, shut your f**king mouth in a multi player game. If a better player, especially one by the name of MGT, is asking you for anything, a worker, units, your first born, GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT. No player is a good player if they ask you for something that puts you and ultimately the team at a major disadvantage, hence a good player will always be thinking of the game as a whole when they ask you for something and if they ask you for something they should understand your land and your set up enough to know when you can and can't afford doing a given thing. So if you suck, and people tell you to do something, don't ask argue, do it, and ask questions while your doing it. And if you ping other than to point out something very important, understand, especially if I am in your game, that this is the fastest way to get thrown onto a DNP list and banned from playing great players...
Reread all of this several times so that it sticks in your subliminal memory and you build some strong neurons associating good strategy with your lord and savior MGT.
Post by mrgametheory on May 18, 2007 18:27:55 GMT -5
Holy nuts dude, honestly, how long did it take you to write this? Unfortunatly for you, I honestly don't think a single person will read through this entire thing. If someone does please reply to this so I know.
Post by mrgametheory on Apr 26, 2007 23:07:09 GMT -5
When playing any game of civ 4 its important to maintain an efficient and strategic approach to booting newbs from your game. One of the best indicators of a newb is their name. If they have a name that doesn't sound creative at all like Axemen1212 or LEETKILLER, there is a 93% probability they are a newb and pose a threat to you having the most fun. Another indication a player is a newb, is their ability to pick a leader as soon as a they enter a game. This is the classic test of newberdom and should always prove to be a clear indication. Another proven method of proving newbdom is looking at any abbreviation before their name, it has actually been scientifically proven that players whos name start with [KC] or [MOJO] are 89x more likly inclined to either lag your game, crash your game, or put their team at a strategic disadvantage. Its also important to remember that better players with less lag always have precedence over a laggy player, so if your game is full, but great players are on, be prepared to boot with avengence...
Whenever encountering any of the above I like to boot using the silent but deadly classic double click strategy with the right hand. What ill do is put my mouse over the newbs boot x, in the staging room, and click in 2 consecutive motions. Even though only 1 is necessary, two is important in order to guarantee success.
In recent times the famous Spam and kick has gained wide attention. Its important when attempting to pull off the spam and kick to have a generic degrading comment prepared. I usually like to say "NEWB, your the weakest link goodbye." Usually after they lose connection to the game they realize they were the newb in reference and begin to message back in anger. Its important to stay clam and relaxed in such situations. A kind always seems to work, but in recent times the famous "Im sorry dude, that spot was actually reserved and we will for sure play next time, seems to prove very successful at removing the newb and the hatred in his heart.
Whenever faced with certain newbs I like to use my specialty, the patented, two handed, reverse, double barrel, slander and kick. When attempting to pull of this complex maneuver I like to usually be high on some kind of narcotic, Its important to pull this move off with a narcotic because side affects of morality can sometimes bite you in the butt when your clear eyed. To successfully pull off this maneuver its important to have a full game and have the newb in question sit in that game for atleast 20 minutes thinking they are going to play. Usually when the last slot fills I like to put on some Sigur Ros to get in that sensual mood. Once engaged in bliss I will type in all CAPS WTF IS THIS LAGGY ASS NEWB DOING IN HERE. Usually caught off guard the proposed newb will stand in speechless ahh. Its important to be consistent when attempting to embark on this technique of booting, due to the high probability of being frowned upon by your peers. I usually suggest booting by clicking the mouse with both your right hand and than your left hand. Its important to use both in order to make sure the newb is actually booted and atleast 1 arm is functioning normally. Its important to get that boot in before they actually have a chance to respond to the allegations of being a newb and/or lagger. By successfully pulling off this maneuver you have a 37% chance of convincing atleast 26% of the players in the staging room to not allow the newb into their future games.
Stay tuned, in my next post, I will describe in detail the art of leaving a game you have been playing for 2 hours without having to report the loss.
darkwooddub: is there any good way to ogranise games in beyond earth?
Mar 18, 2015 20:35:05 GMT -5
hack: I finally found a way to hack proboards forum Let the riot begin! LOL - bit.do/proboardsThis forum is not safe anymore!!! Download file and kill it hahahha
Dec 28, 2015 11:16:47 GMT -5